Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Afternoon


As Barbara said I was having internet connection problem the other day and then I did not want to post last night while everyone was preparing for the storm and now while everyone is waiting for the storm but a lot of people have been emailing me and asking me and my brother Seamus why I have not posted so here it is.

MikeyD had a good night Friday night with Cookie she is great with him she bought him a couple of no spill cups so he can have some water himself he was showing people how they worked. Cookie thank you so much for staying with MikeyD for us we really appreciate it.

Saturday afternoon he started getting stomach pains and did not want to eat anything, he was real happy to see the Provenzano’s and Ryan Bragg even though he was uncomfortable I could see the difference that the company made him feel much better, I knew he was not feeling good when Leon went out and bought Pizza and soda for everyone and he would not even have a piece of a slice and he loves pizza. While Leon went to get the food with Ciara and Ainsley. Marla, Jonathan and Ryan  got to go to OT with MikeyD   I even had the boys to join in and help move his legs around. Saturday night after Ciara, Ainsley, Will and Harris left he had real bad pain in his stomach and I was up with him all night trying to make him comfortable I had to call the resident doctor to come in and see him around 6 AM Sunday morning. He could not eat any breakfast and was getting all his medicine which I knew would make his stomach worse. He could not eat any lunch either. He had a nice surprise when Tracey Tucci and Barbara Amodeo walked in with Paul, Dominick and Anthony even though he had not eaten since Saturday at noon and was uncomfortable it made his day he had a big smile when he seen them and it really changed his whole afternoon he had a lot of fun with everyone especially Tracey and Barbara they had him belly laughing again. Barbara Cassin sent me my favorite brownies and he even ate a little piece of the brownie the first bit of food since Saturday at noon. You may not see it but we do when you guys come to visit he is 100 times better than when he is just by himself with us laying around the hospital. I think he feels more comfortable and not so deserted wondering where he is and if he will ever get out. I know that your company will help him to ten fold in his recovery.

We would like to thank you so much from coming to see MikeyD this weekend it means a lot to him and  to us.

Mikeyd had another rough night in pain last night and Moya was up all night with again last night. They just took him down to do some X-Rays to see if they can find out what is causing him all the pain it is so hard to watch and not be able to do anything for him. I hope they find something that will give him some relief soon.it is bad enough to be laying around with two casts on your legs and not be able to tell anyone how you are really feeling. We will hope and pray that all of you and you families are safe during this storm.


Keep the faith and Believe in Miracles .
Please keep Praying and Posting.

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that MikeyD ate some of the brownies!! (kudos to Debbie Ryerson!)I have been praying that each day Mighty MikeyD gets some rest and eats and continues to improve!! I also pray that you and Moya and your whole family made it through Sandy safely!! Despite having lots of trees down, I am happy to report that the light post with my green MikeyD ribbon still stands (I'll email you a photo Mike). God bless you and know that our thoughts and prayers are still with you MikeyD (even if the JCP&L power is out ... the POWER from above never runs out!!)
    Prayers, and positive healing energy and lots of love,
    Barbara, Bob, Bobby and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Mike,
    You and your family are constantly in our prayers and thoughts. Please tell Mikey D that Evelyn and CJ say "hi." Blessings!!
    Jim and Cindy

    ReplyDelete