Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Night


I am sitting on the chair next to MikeyD's bed he just fell asleep and as always no one knows for how long then the nurse comes in at all hours to take blood pressure etc so if she does not wake  up on his own someone else will wake him up. so before I lay  down on the COT  for whatever rest I can get I will do the blog now. After a tough weekend we spoke with the doctor on Monday and let him know that MikeyD was not sleeping at all and he was having major stomach problems. When someone has a Traumatic Brain Injury  they give you medicine to try and stimulate the brain and they cannot give you heavy duty sleeping medication with TBI so it is a rough balance. The Doctor did lower the brain medicine and he is not getting it in the night time anymore he only gets it in the morning before this it was morning and night. So far so good he did get some sleep last night and is sleeping right now. I hope I fall asleep before I hear the fingers snapping. He seems much better today after getting some sleep and they gave him more medicine for the stomach problems. Today MikeyD got two new cast put on his legs.When everything settled down tonight and the Sullivan's left I took him out of the wheelchair and put him in the bed I sat in the chair next to the bed I was showing him pictures and he started pointing to the cast on his right leg and he wanted me to take it off I said no I can't he started acting like he had pain so I checked the circulation in his toes and it was fine blood was coming back quick it was just him being MikeyD and messing with me trying to get me to take them off. The cast are a three week setback from really moving forward. I was really thinking about shutting the blog down and not posting anymore after the weekend that we had I figured Monday would be my last post. Then today a couple of things happened a lot of people that cannot post on the site send emails directly to me with their post. I received a very powerful email from a friend about how his life was changed by MikeyD  and how he starts his day by going to the blog first thing every morning.

I receive emails and phone calls from doctors and nurses telling me how they were inspired by MikeyD and how much they have become attached to him and follow him on the blog.People tell me they had lost their faith and are now praying because of MikeyD. Then I went to the blog tonight to read the post and when I open the post from people it shows me the last post it was from Ken Liotti and he was talking about how many lives that MikeyD  has changed and how he has made people more caring , forgiving and opened their hearts. Then I read all the post from Sarah one of MikeyD’s nurses from CHOP, Peggy, Rooney’s in Dallas, Barbara, Regina and all the rest of you and I said  we need to post for another day. The blog gets over 3000 hits a day For a little boy who cannot talk he sure is speaking a Big message to a lot of people!

Please Keep Praying and Posting.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, YES, MikeyD and your family and this blog have changed me and this town and countless people far away. But I really hope that you can find some quiet moments (not easy in a hospital/rehab facility) and feel the prayers and the love and the healing energy pouring down on MikeyD and you. I wonder if there's a way to get the Doctors to instruct the nurses NOT to wake MikeyD at night ... maybe they would let you call the nurse when he wakes up to get a drink of water? Sleep is so very, very important (for you too Daddy Mike!!) My thoughts and prayers today will focus on giving Mighty MikeyD and you the energy to keep fighting, keep chopping ... this is such a long struggle but it is full of so many little miracles, little victories ... MikeyD is a special, sweet soul who has and will continue to touch the lives of many! I know you were always proud of your kids ... I hope you can tap into that energy and feel how much we all are inspired by Mighty MikeyD (even on the bad days). Dear Lord, I beg of you, give the Doherty family a really good day and give them the strength to keep fighting to regain MikeyD's health!
    With prayers and healing energy and love,
    Barbara, Bob, Bobby and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't stop posting! We care so much about following Mikey's journey back, and people from all over the area constanly ask me how he is doing, knowing Scott and I were there that day and that we keep up with your situation. And personally, I know that reading your blog each day makes me more grateful for the simple things in my life that are good, and I remind my kids of that, using Mikey's example, all the time. It also inspires me to be strong and an advocate for myself and my children, instead of just trusting the powers that be. You have touched and changed lives, even as hopefully the blog helps you share your pain and triumphs! One quetion---can you explain what the casts are for, why he has them on? Stay strong, Paige and the Benigno Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,
    Matthew 11:28
    "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. We love you and pray that the Lord will give you the rest you need.
    After 50 days of this you might think I'm crazy, but maybe MikeyD needs a day or two off from family? We all know you need it. You can't help him if you don't sleep. Go, take a day out of the hospital. Take a friend up on their offer for a day. Take a walk, go to Church, have a beer, etc. Come back fresh and rejuvinated. MikeyD won't miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Mike,
    God grants us strength in our weaknesses. You are just tired. If you don't take care of yourself, how can you help Mikey D? God says to bear one anothers burdens. Please let the people around you help you. Mike D is speaking, through you, through your blog. It helps us, and it helps you. I share this blog with Evelyn and CJ. They are always praying for him and asking about him, and reading this blog. Do not think for a second that we don't want or need this information. I pray that God grant you the peace that surpasses all understanding, that He continue to guide you with wisdom and discernemnt. In Jesus' name...And all of God's people said... "AMEN"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine what you are going through. My heart breaks for Mikey and his family. I pray every day for Mikey and for all of you. Don't ever stop posting. This is our link to Mikey and to keep tabs on his recovery. It is what I read when I wake up in the morning and it is also what I read right before I go to bed. It is a reminder to us all what is the most precious thing in our lives and that is our children. You are an amazing person and to see you sitting with Mikey and caring for him gives me a whole new perspective on life.

    Dominick and Paul were so happy to see him smiling and I can tell that Mikey was happy to see them too. It has changed them also. They have more respect for their brothers and they treat each other with kindness. I can understand you wanting to shut down the blog. There are times when I can actually feel your desperation and frustration through your words. But don't give up, don't lose faith. Just know that your son single-handedly brought a community together and restored my faith in people. I hear a conversation about Mikey on a daily basis. They are praying for him and his recovery throughout his difficult journey.

    I believe in miracles and I truly believe that there is one headed your way. Just hold on tight to that faith and never let it go. It will keep you strong. God bless you all. God bless Mikey. May God's hand touch him always and guide him to a full recovery. We love you and are always thinking about you.

    The Tucci Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please keep blogging Mike, it's our only way to keep in touch with Mikey. I hope you are reading some of these blogs to him so he knows just how many have come together in his name. We are all praying for you (thousands of us) Sending you positive thoughts of love and healing. I know Mikey is a fighter, after all he pulled that feeding tube out and is still eating on his own. Of course his stomach is upset, he hasn't digested real food in weeks. How about some Malox? I hope that when it's time for those casts to come off he will walk right out of them!! KEEP FIGHTING MIGHTY MIKE we are all here rooting for you. KEEP PUSHING FORWARD no matter how tough the road ahead looks. Sometimes it helps to glance backwards and see how far you've come already. I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES AND I BELIEVE IN YOU MIKEY D....actually YOU are the MIRACLE I BELIEVE IN....

    ReplyDelete
  7. We check the blog every day. Please keep posting.

    The Lippert's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike - Even though I don't comment often, our family reads the blog every day. Like countless others, it is the first thing I check in the morning, and the last thing I check at night. You are all constantly in our prayers, along with his medical team.
    I think your friend James may be on to something, it sounds like you need to take better care of you. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but think about it.
    God Bless Mighty Mikey D - I hope he had a better day today:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adding our thoughts for you, Mike and Moya. We too read the blog every day. We bring the news to all of those who ask us, including our friends, family, CCD students and Youth Group kids,plus my Bible Study group. A lot of people are praying for Mikey, many that he has never even met! Your family is truly an inspiration. Cassidy and Cameron pray for Michael every night before they go to bed. We know that God must be listening. Please try to stay strong, and know that you are surrounded by so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all of the posts..MikeyD has brought so many of us together in prayer..MikeyD has stirred up Faith..MikeyD has stirred up community..MikeyD has touched our hearts..and we LOVE more deeply..care more from our hearts...MikeyD has us praying for a miracle..MikeyD has us walking on our Faith Journey a little higher than we were walking before..MikeyD inspires us..YOU and MOYA and JULIA and CIARA and MIKEYD have changed our lives and our hearts forever..we are praying harder than we ever prayed before and we LOVE our MikeyD and we are being inspired and encouraged by his healing moments..we are feeling your pain and his pain..we wake up and go to sleep thinking of all of you and in between we are praying and hoping that Mikey is having a good day..You are keeping us connected to MikeyD here..Please take care of eachother and give eachother that time for a good nights sleep because to be there for MikeyD you need to be rested..and refreshed..Please know we are all there with you..LOVE...The greatest gift of all...WE LOVE MIKEYD and we LOVE YOU and MOYA and JULIA and CIARA...Keep posting and we will keep praying...Most Precious Blood of Jesus Please Heal our MIKEYD...Please God, give Mike and Moya the rest they need..Please Jesus, the Great Physician and Our Healing God, Heal MikeyD...Thank you Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. My son Danny is in the Navy and we have a Prayer Chain and of course MikeyD is being prayed for there as well..We will have another Healing Mass on Friday November 2nd where Father Jeff said we can all come together again and lift up MikeyD in prayer..

      Delete