Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Night


The battle for this poor little boy gets harder and harder I would not want to see an animal suffer the way this 12 year old boy has suffered. Before the meeting Yesterday Mikeyd pulled the feeding tube out again. At the meeting we had I spoke with Dr Y we got him to agree to leave the feeding tube out for a few days and see how he does he already lost a ton of weight and a few more pounds for a few days could not be much worse. Sure enough The first night without the feeding tube also the first night without throwing everything up might be just a coincidence. He had one good night without the feeding tube and was so happy it was short lived and traded for two leg cast. When Mikeyd was moved from CHOP to CSH he had good range of motion in his ankles PT worked them by day I worked them by hand at night when he was lying in bed so they would not lock up before he left CHOP for some reason which no one can explain to me they decided to put both his legs is cast today all the way up to his knees they bent his ankles back and casted them, the right leg was fine but the cast on the left leg was to tight he laid there in pain for three hours without being able to speak he was able to communicate with me where the pain was I called the nurses and told them what was happening they told me that only the person who put the cast on could help him and that they were in a meeting after watching him in pain for three hours a nurse named Margaret felt so bad that she got a special order for some pain medication. I called the Hospital admin at that point and said if someone does not come in and help him I will go to my truck and get my tools and cut the cast off myself. Four hours later someone came to cut the cast back where it was causing the pain. I can't imagine lying in bed for 4 hours in pain not being able to speak or yell to get any attention. He did have one good hour tonight with his Uncle Charlie Aunt Jean Marie cousins Erin, Brendan and the O’Reilly’s before the pain medication wore off and then the pain started all over again. I hate to do this to my family but we may be going back to PA I will be speaking to some people tomorrow to see what we can do. This is like one step forward and 10 steps backwards.

Carol we just seen your post for Bonnie Siegel thank you Bonnie and we will send your love to Julia. Thank you Carol Force for always posting and for your support. Thank you Mrs. Wiltbank for being  there for Ciara. Thank you Ms. Gary for being in touch with Julia and Ciara it really means a lot to them. I guess I should just say thank you Bayshore School.
(a lot of people are having a problem posting here if you do not have a gmail account)
here is the link to Care Pages where you can post after you set up a login all you need is your email address and put your own password in. http://www.carepages.com/carepages/MikeyD
please keep praying and posting for MikeyD

6 comments:

  1. Mike,
    Our hearts ache for MikeyD. I pray that the feeding tube removal will really work to allow him to gain some weight and settle his stomach and system. That young man has more strength and courage then I'll ever know.
    We're in constant prayer.
    Jim & Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike do what you have to do, our hearts are breaking for Mikey d and the family. He was doing so well in PA. He was walking a few steps. I can't understand why they would cast him. We both know how uncomfortable that is. If this place is not working get him out. Call Kessler see if they can recommend a good rehab for a child. Mikey needs to go forward not backwards. Everyone remains in our prayers. We love you all. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. No feeding tube that's great! That tube has been bothering him since he woke up. Hopefully it's not a coincidence that he kept his food down. Hopefully he will never need a feeding tube again. As for the casts, I'm so sorry to hear he was in that much pain, is it because the left side is begining to lock up?You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Please continue to stay strong and believe that the Lord has a plan for Mikey, unbeknownst to all of us......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord please hear our prayers....We need a miracle here Lord...We are begging you pleading with you to please stop the suffering stop the pain Please Lord stop the pain and suffering of this little boy...give him his voice so he can help those who are trying to help him..He needs his voice and he needs to be free of this pain and suffering..Please Lord we need you NOW..Please Lord where else can we go besides to you Our Hope Our Savior Our Great Physician Our Healer..Please Lord..Most Precious Blood of Jesus we call on You Jesus Prince of Peace..Jesus Lord of Lords and King of Kings..Jesus Please Hear Our Cries..Please...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe the insensitivity of the staff at that hospital--are they out of their minds? I would want to scream take care of this NOW I would want to grab those nurses and shake them--I would probably be arrested and be no good to anyone--is Mikey able to get up out of bed? even with a walker? anything? just to get up and get moving and get something back--even if you have to hold him up just to get him to fresh air and daylight--no matter how many lines he's hooked to just to give him something to see and experience on his skin besides all of this--I can only imagine the hopelessness you are feeling--I would be insane by this point--I can't believe all of this-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike and Moya - I was very upset to read much of what transpired over the last 36 hours, but I am very glad that you are listening to your gut and advocating for your son! I pray that you will get answers that explain the benefits. We will pray that MikeyD gets more strength and ate well today. And we will continue to pray for everything related to Mikey's recovery ... hang in there. You really are a great Dad (I really felt for you when I read the part about telling the staff you were willing to cut the cast with a tool out of your truck ... I wish I could have seen the nurses/doctors faces when you told them that ... I hope you'll be able to laugh with Mikey about that real soon). I will pray for many good days that have some BIG steps forward. Please know that everyone is still praying for your family.
    With love and healing, positive energy, Barbara Cassin

    ReplyDelete