Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday Night

MikeyD finally had a good night sleep last night. He woke up a few times for a glass of water and went back to sleep. He did not eat well today he got up at six AM and did not want to eat anything he took all his medicine on an empty stomach he gets about eleven different things in the morning and a gain a few times a day. I did get him to eat a yogurt late morning and all he had for lunch was a small grilled cheese sandwich. He had a full busy day of PT,OT and speech therapy for diner he had Chicken Parm he ate about half and was not able to hold onto it probably not a good idea. A lot of you have been asking me why he is in cast on both his legs so I will answer it now. Whenever someone has a traumatic brain injury you get what is called muscle tone where you muscles tighten up and lock you lose control of your muscles they tighten up and you also get muscle spasms.  They take your ankles and stretch the Achilles and the muscles in your legs and hold it they then cast you in that position for a week. Next week they take the cast off and pull your ankles back further and stretch it some more and cast your legs again this goes on for three weeks. It is like you were stretching before a work out and you go into a position to stretch for a few minutes and instead you kept the stretch in that position for a week. Due to the TBI MikeyD cannot even sit up without someone or a wheelchair holding him in a position he is either laying down or sitting in a wheelchair and when he is in the wheelchair he has to be tied in with a seat belt and across his chest. We will keep the blog going a lot of people called and emailed me about how they go to it every morning and night and how they share it with their family also the power of prayer for healing MikeyD  that is received from it is awesome. Tonight Brian Hill came to see MikeyD after work tonight and while he was there he witnessed MikeyD battling a bout of pain he was moaning pretty loud before Brian left we stood and prayed over MikeyD and Brian witnessed him bless himself and then he folded his hands in prayer even though he has a hard time keeping his left hand open it was great!

We will add from Price and Liotti yesterday Keep the faith and Believe in Miracles to please keep praying and posting to the end of every post.

I would like to share something I received late last night in an email from Sandy Abadir and I would also like to ask  everyone to please say it for three days.

Copied and pasted from her email .

If all of us say the following novena we will Get our miracle:

Prayer to the Blessed Virgin

Oh most beautiful flower Mt Carmel, Fruitful vine  , SPLENDOR OF HEAVEN BLESSED MOTHER OF THE SON OF GOD IMMACULATE VIRGIN ASSIST ME IN MY NECESSITY. OH STAR OF THE SEA HEAR ME AND SHOW ME HEREIN YOU ARE MY MOTHER.OH HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD QUEEN OF HEAVEN AND EARTH I HUMBLY BESEECH U FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO SUCCOR ME IN MY NECESSITY HEALING MIGHTY MIKEYD . THERE R NONE THAT CAN WITHSTAND UR POWER.OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO THEE (say three times) HOLY MARY I PLACE THIS CAUSE IN UR HANDS (say 3 times )

Say for 3 consecutive days . U must publish it and ur request will be granted.

Never known to fail

Our prayers and thoughts are with u .

Thanks and God bless!
The Abadirs

7 comments:

  1. I will be praying the Novena..Novenas are very powerful I have seen the one to St Andrew work miracles..right on the 9th day of the Novena my prayer was answered.. Believe ... The healing and prayers that are being answered here are truly miraculous MikeyD praying with you blessing himself when you were praying over him so very powerful..God is here and he is our HELP..Jesus loves when we go to his Mother for prayers..I know because when I needed God most in my life I would pray my rosary and Mary brought me closer to Jesus..and now I have such a personal relationship with Jesus..I love going into the Chapel and sitting with Him..He is my God, my baby brother born for me on Christmas morning, He rose for me and called my name of Easter Morning..and He died for my sins...before Mother Mary brought me closer to Jesus I thought He did all those things for everyone else..not me..I have been on my knees needing God..Mary brought me to Jesus and now I go straight to him..and every now and again I will go to St. Andrew..His Feast Day is my birthday and he is also the Patron Saint of the United States Navy where my son Danny is a submariner..Prayer is very powerful..I know..I wouldnt be who I am or where I am today without the help of Mary..MikeyD each and every word I speak is a prayer for your healing..I pray for you with every breath I take..I am praying without ceasing..for God to Heal YOU..and I will not stop until MikeyD says Ok Peggy you can stop now...I am your prayer warrior for as long as God uses me to be so....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is added to our list of prayers for Mikey D. God bless you and and continue to give you the stregnth to enduring these incredibly trying times. Each and every day we ask for Mikey to speak, to walk, to come back to us in the way we all knew him. We believe it will happen. You are an incredibly family, Doherty's...our spirit is with you each and every moment of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Mike,
    Jim, myself, Evelyn and CJ are so glad that you are sharing all that you can with us. We read and reread this blog many times throughout the day. We cannot imagine the ache you and your family feel. We continue to pray for you and your family...for peace, clarity of mind, wisdom, discernment, strength, faith, hope, love, patience, and for Mikey D, a full recovery. God bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your blog and praying for your family has become a part of my family's daily ritual. I can't imaging how hard it is for you to maintain this blog, but it gives so many of us a connection to Michael's struggles, his victories, and his strength and grace. I had mentioned in an earlier post that my mother wears a Mighty Mike bracelet. Well, my Dad visited us this weekend and he is a minimalist at best. No watch, no wedding band (although he and my mom are married 47 years....Well, he has had many health problems recently and has been having a hard time of it. Wouldn't you know, when I looked down at his wrist, he was wearing his very own Mighty Mike bracelet! I was stunned by the magnitude of that gesture and he told me that the story of Jonathan's little friend made him feel like fighting his own battles all the harder. So, Mighty Mike is "speaking" volumes to so many and inspiring countless people on a daily basis. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend and wishing Michael pain free days and healing moments...

    Love,


    Marla Provenzano

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying and hoping that MikeyD has another good night of sleep tonight! I printed out the prayer and will say it multiple times on multiple days!! I was driving out of town yesterday and was amazed at all the Green bows that I saw - they are everywhere for MikeyD!! I also saw a beautiful square on a quilt at a hospital that said "Jesus is a Healer"!! I will continue praying and sending positive energy that MikeyD's body will get stronger and stronger by the day and that he will eat a little more each day and that the casts will work properly and help his muscles to not tighten up. And I pray to the Lord that MikeyD will have a great Friday and he'll smile and laugh and feel all the LOVE being sent from near and far!
    With prayers and love,
    Barbara, Bob, Bobby and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike,
    He's eating, he is cognitive, it sounds like he is doing so much better than just a couple of weeks ago. It really clears things up when you explain to everyone what the Docs tell you. Please continue to tell us all what the Docs say is next. I'll use it in every prayer I pray and I'm sure it doesn't always seem so, but when you give us the word from the Docs , it gives us all a sense of MikeyD's progress. I'm sure the blog is a beating at times, and we'd all understand it you paired it back. However,we all know it's bringing people into his kingdom and Satan will do all he can to put that to an end. Mike, If you are weary, go rest. Have a friend sit in, or two friends for parts of two days and go rest. We all love you and want to see you take care of yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mike
    Thanks for keep posting the news of Mikey ,every night I checking the blog & thinking of all of you, GOD bless you all .
    WE will pray every moments and hope Mikey getting more progress in his recovery .

    Hope & Pray

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete