Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Night.


Mighty MikeyD has 2 new cast on his legs. We hope and pray that they are the last cast he ever has on his legs again. They said they may have to do some more casting after this and will not know until they take them off next week. I personally know that  they made a big mistake here when they started this whole casting process this is a major setback. I will have a talk with them tomorrow and get all the detail as to why and do all that I can to see if they can come up with a better procedure for MikeyD to start to learn how to walk again. This casting was supposed to be for three weeks and now it has turned into six weeks and it has become a major setback. I spoke to another doctor today who agrees with me about this casting mess.  MikeyD started school today  here in the hospital. He will have to relearn a lot of things that he knew before it will not be easy . I asked him how he liked school and he said it was good.

I asked him if he had any homework and he gave me that big smile and shook his head No !!!

I hope everyone liked the picture of Mighty MikeyD from Friday night post I will try and put some more up as we post.

We want to get MikeyD a therapy dog  when he gets out of the hospital I heard that they help promote healing. Does anyone  know  anything about or what kind of dog will be a good therapy dog for MikeyD let me know I would appreciate it.

Most people have been posting on care pages it must be easier. Here is the link if you want to read some.

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/MikeyD/updates/3424164?update_messages=yes

 
Keep the faith and believe in miracles.

Please keep praying and posting.

A Prayer for Today.

Our Lady of Knock, Queen of Ireland, you gave hope to our people in a time of distress and comforted them in sorrow. You have inspired countless pilgrims to pray with confidence to your divine Son, remembering His promise: "Ask and you shall receive, Seek and you shall find". Help me to remember that we are all pilgrims on the road to heaven. Fill me with love and concern for my brothers and sisters in Christ, especially those who live with me. Comfort me when I am sick or lonely or depressed. Teach me how to take part ever more reverently in the holy Mass. Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. MikeyD that is so great that you started school again and that you have no homework..yet! hahaha My MikeyD always says when I ask about school it was good..He never gives me more that that..The cast is the worst...its hard uncomfortable and heavy to say the least..glad that its almost over..Little by little you will be there..walking jumping shooting the 3 pointers again..I know you cant wait to get a new pair of basketball sneakers!! Praying Lord Jesus Please Keep Healing our MikeyD..Let him be comfortable..give him stregnth to continue fighting the good fight back and be there for Moya Mike Julia and Ciara as they need YOU too on this road to recovery..We believe You are the Healer and the Great Physician..Please stay in each and every moment of the Healing Process and Our MikeyD Miracle...Thank You Lord..Thank You Mother Mary and Thank You Heavenly Father..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to the Doherty Family!! I pray all the time for you Mighty MikeyD!! I think how it must be so difficult for you and for your family not to be having an ordinary Thanksgiving Dinner. I pray with all my heart that you will continue to get better and better and next year you will look back and not even be able to fathom how you got through all this. Dear Lord, let this boy heal. Get those legs working again!! Let this family live under one roof again. Please dear Lord, hear our prayers and answer them!!
    Your boy, with your help, is going to make a lot of PT people take notice! He's a real trooper and he's an athlete! Tell MikeyD that there are so many people who ask me how he is doing. He's got to work hard, but the rewards will be great!
    Tons of Love and prayers and healing energy to MikeyD!!
    -Barbara, Bob, Bobby and Allie C.

    ReplyDelete