Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Night





Mighty MikeyD the miracle boy is doing better much better these last few days Thank God.

he has been eating well and not having any more problems with his stomach.

He has been sleeping for about two hours at a time and waking up for a little bit but not in as much pain as last week

And then going back to sleep for two more hours.

He still has some pain in his legs with some muscle spasms but not as bad and his back his hurting him a little bit I think it is from being in bed and wheelchair for so long and not being able to walk

at least now he can tell us where the pain is.

Mikeyd is starting to talk a little bit more even though it still hurts him to talk.

I spoke to a few doctors this week and they think it is amazing that he has started talking.

please keep praying for MikeyD all of your prayers are working I do believe that is how he has started talking some said he might never speak again.

After this week MikeyD will only have one week left of the six weeks of being in casts.

he will get both casts off the week after Thanksgiving it will be a big relief for him to get rid of those casts after having them for so long. He was fitted for leg braces and will be wearing them to support his legs and ankles. I can't wait for him to learn how to walk again.

We would like to thank the Middletown South Soccer team and coaches for dedicating their season to MikeyD they made it to the State Championship.

there was a nice article in the Asbury Park Press Sports section on Wednesday there was a typo in the article but the heartfelt meaning was 100 % accurate and really appreciated by all my family. Coach Petretta said we have been playing some inspired soccer because of  MikeyD and we just want him to know we are all pulling for him.

Thanks and good luck Eagles in the rest of the State championship.

If you can come visit Mikeyd this weekend it will be greatly appreciated he really does love the company and it really cheers him up.

Keep the faith and believe in miracles.

Please keep Praying and Posting.

  A Prayer for Today.

Father, today I declare that I trust You. I trust Your faithfulness. I trust Your goodness. I know that You are working things out in MikeyD’s  favor and in Your timing. I declare that through faith and patience MikeyD will inherit every promise You have for him in Jesus’ name. Amen!

6 comments:

  1. Big Mike,
    Wow! What a picture. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. We pray for all of you many times during the day. We look forward to every bit of information you post on Mikey and your family. Evelyn and CJ are going to be amazed when they read this one. Mikey looks great in the photo with his hat and thumbs up.
    We do believe in miracles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Lord for ALL of these Gifts from you..Working these Miracles for MikeyD..We know we can trust in You and in Your Time MikeyD will be walking and talking and feeding himself..Thank You Lord for all of the Healing Moments in the day and night..We Love You Lord and we Believe in Miracles..WE Believe in YOU and YOur Healing Power, You are our Hope and we Rejoice in hearing this great news..and we Rejoice when we see this beautiful picture of MikeyD with his Thumb up and his beautiful smile...Thank You Lord...PRAISE GOD!! Thank You for being there with Mike and Moya and Julia and Ciara too...they need You..Please give them extra strength..and please Lord continue healing our MikeyD...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Doherty Family,

    I was cleaning up old e-mails, and I found this devotion. It came on a day when I was going through a difficult time. Thought it might be a comfort to you. So glad to hear of MikeyD's great progress!

    Megan Colantino

    Today’s Prayer
    “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” James 4:8. Thank you for your promises, Oh God! I want to draw closer to you, to feel your presence as never before. Fill me with reverence and awe and humbleness in your presence. Touch my soul and cover me in your joy and peace. Minister to me Lord, I pray. All praise and glory and honor be unto You. In the precious name of Jesus I come to you and trust in you, dear Lord. Amen.

    Today’s Devotion

    “Where there are no oxen, the manger is empty, but from the strength of an ox comes an abundant harvest.” Proverbs 14:4

    When Jesus came into this world, He chose to be born in a most unusual place-a manger. It was no more than a livery stable with goats, oxen, and other livestock animals. There is a distinctive characteristic about a place like this. It is filled with odors and dung from the animals. God seems to work best among the unpleasantness of circumstances. In fact, “where there are no oxen, the manger is empty.” What is this really saying? I believe it is saying that in order for Jesus to be present, we must invite those things that bring with them “messes to clean up.” God works among the messy things in our lives. And from these messes come an abundant harvest. This is what He did with all His highly used servants in the Bible. God is filled with paradoxes. Why can’t life be seamless and smooth? Because God likes to show Himself in the midst of the messes of life. This is what brings us into the harvests. So often the bigger the mess, the bigger the harvest.

    When a major road-construction project takes place in a crowded city street, it appears to be absolute chaos. It is inconvenient, slow-moving and tends to get us irritated because it appears we are moving much slower than we would like. It is ugly, and so much of what we see is torn up. But when we look at the same area a few months or years later, we see why the construction was necessary. There was meaning to the mess. It actually made life so much better for those who would use the road.

    It has been through the messiest of times in my business and personal life that God has revealed His power and strength in my life. It was when these “oxen” of hardship have walked into my manger that the greatest harvest was manifest. However, when I have sought to remove the “oxen” and rid myself of the odor and the mess, I have fought the ultimate work of God.

    God works in mangers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike and Moya,
    Please tell MikeyD that we're still praying and sending our love and positive energy to him every moment! We pray that every day will have more speech, more movement, good sleep and all those little things that will restore Mighty MikeyD to health! I bet MikeyD is tired of those casts ... I hear the braces are much more comfortable and adjustable!
    With tons of prayers and love,
    Barbara, Bob, Bobby and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still have all of you, especially MikeyD, in my continous prayers! Sending tons of love your way! Happy to hear of Mikey's great progress! I'm cheering for you, Mighty MikeyD!!!
    Beth O'

    ReplyDelete
  6. MikeyD I am praying for you with all my heart! I thank God for hearing our prayers..You are fighting your way back and you are doing it with a smile on your face and with loving words I Love You to your Grandmother..You have inspired me..I am in awe of you and your family..Your sisters who came with beautiful smiles on their faces to pray for a miracle for you at the Healing Mass..your Mom and your Dad who are by your side loving you and eachother through this heartbreaking difficult to say the least road that you have found yourselves on...I am so thankful to know all of you..You and your amazing family have taught me many things since this nightmare began...and watching LOVE at work GOD at work has been a privilege for sure..heartbreaking yes..but I have seen the miracles here..I have seen God working here..I have seen a Healing Here..I have seen LOVE here..SO MUCH LOVE..I have gone inside my own heart and felt as I have never felt before..You have awakened my heart..You have my heart working better..I thank You for that..I thank YOu MikeyD..I LOVE you and I will continue to pray for you with all my heart..and every word I say I offer up for your healing .. God please Heal our Mikey! I do believe that everything happens for a reason and good comes out of all of our learning experiences..and I DO NOW BELIEVE IN MIRACLES..Thank you MikeyD..I pray for you to keep fighting the good fight..keep working with GOD..Keep up the great work! I pray for you to have strength and courage to keep doing what you are doing and I pray for MOM and DAD and your sisters to keep doing what they are doing..persevere..I love you all of you and know that you have touched my life..my heart..my family..my soul..my prayer life..my relationship with Jesus..and I belong right here praying..I am home right here..Praying that you enjoy your family Thanksgiving Day together..You will be with me in my heart..in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete