Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Night


First of all my family would like to thank all of you for your offers to help with the gas situation.

The support from all of you is unbelievable we cannot thank you enough. Offering us your cars, vans, gas cans, rides etc too many to mention all names. Bob and Barbara Cassin delivered some gas Saturday afternoon which is enough for now for the generator. We still have no power but we are hoping and praying it will be back any day now. Bob McCann who is one of the guys who helped save MikeyD life has offered us one of his cars, gas and a place to stay. The fact is we owe him something. When I get back on my feet I hope to be able to do something for him. We hope you and your families are all safe and recovered from the storm.

I know a lot of us have lost a lot of material things houses, cars and personal belongings myself and family members included but as long as you are all safe and unharmed all these things can be easily replaced. I was never afraid of this storm I went through  the worst storm of my life the night of September 7th and after being up all night with Mighty MikeyD last night put the storm in perspective for me.

I know it was bad and I feel for a lot of people but we will clean up and rebuild better. We will have better cars and houses than the ones we lost. MikeyD had a good day Saturday with great company from his sisters , Uncle Charlie , Aunt Jean Marie cousins Erin and Brendan and the Butler family it seems like he has good days and bad nights. MikeyD was in severe pain from 11:30 last night until 7:30 in the morning he never slept and was moaning all night both his legs and feet were locked up in pain with cramps and spasms that he cannot control I stood over his bed and tried to work the cramps out and massage one leg at a time he was in pain and suffering like I have never seen anyone suffer.I did not know that a foot could bend in half but I seen it happen. I thought since they did the Botox treatment on Friday he would be better I had called for the resident doctor to get some help but they told us it could take up to five days before the treatment takes effect. I really hope and pray that it will give him some relief and let his little body heal and move onto the next phase. It seems right now that things are getting worse more like one step forward and ten steps back.

Keep the faith and believe in miracles.

Please keep praying and posting.

MikeyD had no visitors today.

Since the kids are still off school if anyone can make it to see him this week it will be great for him he loves to see everyone.Regular visiting hours are 1 pm to 8:30 PM  if you want to come earlier let me know.

Please pray for MikeyD to not suffer so much anymore !

Worry eats away at my heart and anxiety chases any chance for rest. I pray I say my rosary I contemplate your image. My prayer is weak but I know your heart is full of tenderness and you understand my distraction.

Saint Anne I beg of you to stand vigil over MikeyD . Heal MikeyD  soothe MikeyD, console MikeyD and bless MikeyD keep each of us under your protection and guide us to our good Jesus our God Jesus he will understand me. 

Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Hi to MikeyD and the Doherty family,
    Just catching up on the blog. Continuing to pray to our dear Lord and Savior, Jesus christ for peace and healing for you. The storm helped me to give up control and be reminded to put all my worry, anxiety and plans in His hands..He knows whats best. He is the only true peace in this world.

    New Monmouth Baptist church is reaching out to our community to help assist in any way we can. We have clothes, food, blankets, etc. to donate. There is also a relief organization from Oklahoma staying at the church and they are looking to assist clean up efforts for those hit hardest by the storm. If we can help, please call me at 732-671-6688.

    Megan Colantino

    "The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
    the Lord is enthroned as King forever.
    The Lord gives strength to his people;
    the Lord blesses his people with peace."
    Psalm 29:10-11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    Our hearts pour out to you Brother. What I have learned is that the only one who can give us peace is Jesus. In Matthew 11:28-29 he said "Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
    Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    I only wish I was closer, but always remember I am a 24 hour drive away and I am a "Driver". I put 140,000 miles on my truck in three years. Anything you or your family needs and I will be there in a day.
    I really love it when you give us all what the Doctors said, my question for the day is that if Mikey is groaning can he be taught to make sounds to communicate. I might be a couple of weeks behind his progress, but a couple of weeks back he was snapping hif fingers only, right?
    As for the storm, you are dead right. If you are alove, PRAISE GOD. Your "Stuff" that people are crying about on TV can be replaced by newere and better stuff. Most would trade a fifty year old something for a new one. We have more "Stuff" in this country than we need. Pray for what can't be replaced.
    We love you Brother. Our offers are real, just say the word.
    Jim, Cindy, Evelyn, & CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord Jesus, we need Your Help. MikeyD is suffering..he is in pain..his legs..his feet...his stomach..his inability to speak to him Mom and Dad..we need You Lord Jesus..We need You right now..we need You today..MikeyD cannot have another night with no sleep and pain...Lord You promised to hear our prayer and you promised if we came together all of us and asked for something you would help us..You are our only Help..so we come before You again tonight and we are begging yes begging you to help MikeyD..He needs You to stop the pain..he needs You to help him out of where he is so he can talk to him Mom and Dad and he need You to stop this suffering..we need You Lord Jesus...Please Lord, Healer. Great Physician...Please Heal MikeyD now...He is suffering too long...He needs relief...Please St. Michael, St, Ann, St, Andrew...Please all the angels and all the saints..especially MikeyDs guardian angel..bring our petitions up to our Heavenly Father and tell him we are asking for this our Miracle for MikeyD in Jesus's Holy Name..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike and Moya - MikeyD is always in our thoughts and prayers! Like I said, I think he's a miracle kid, and I just pray that his days of pain and suffering will soon switch to days of triumph and joy and just lots of hard work put into his physical therapy. And I pray and pray that the day will come SOON that the proper connections will reconnect in Mighty MikeyD's brain and he'll be telling you and Moya (with words) how much he loves you (I know he tells you with his eyes!!) I hope I'll be able to check the blog while I'm away in the next few days. God bless that great kid and keep him moving forward. I pray the Botox kicks in (lots of folks have told me how effective it is, but they agree that it might take a few days).
    With tons of prayers and healing energy and love,
    Barbara, Bob, Bobby and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete