Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday Night


I only wish I had better news MikeyD had the roughest day yet. they took him off Fentanyl last night and he was in really bad shape today with all kinds of pain even though he is still getting Morphine. When OT came in this morning and sat him in the chair he was bent over moaning with pain I asked him if his tummy hurt and he nodded yes you could see the pain on his face. I also asked him if he had pain in his right arm I touched it when I asked him and he nodded no I then asked him if he had pain in his Left arm I touched it and he nodded yes. I spoke to one of the doctors this morning and they said because he was down for so long he lost all the blood in his stomach and  now that they are trying to give him IV feeding that his stomach is damaged like his kidney and liver and that will cause a lot of pain. He was clenched up in pain all day, I took the girls for dinner tonight and when we came back he was soaking wet in a cold sweat and in a lot of Pain. one of the nurses who was taking care of MikeyD last week stopped into see him on her own time after work tonight she got very upset when she seen how he was and said I am going to get a doctor when she went to get a doctor MikeyD's Cardiologist stopped in at 8:40 on her way home just to say good night and check in on us as she does every night she is a great person she was upset and said she was going to call in Pain Management I hope they can do something. We hope and pray that tomorrow is a better day for Little MikeyD.

We can all pray

Saint Anne I beg of you to stand vigil over MikeyD . Heal MikeyD soothe MikeyD, console MikeyD and bless MikeyD keep each of us under your protection and guide us to our good Jesus our God Jesus he will understand Me. he will know how to help I will rest in his Mercy Amen.

Thank you all.

Please keep praying and posting.

9 comments:

  1. Mike,
    I know you are going through incredibly trying times. All I can promise you is that you're not going through it alone. We are all here with you in prayer and of course your Savior has never left you. He would not give you a cross that you could not bear. We love you all and are praying for Mikey every day at HSAA Football in Dallas! Try and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying that today will be a much better day for MikeyD! So your friend has folks in Dallas praying and I've got Austin, Houston and San Marcos sending prayers up to you! You may have to visit Texas when all this is over (go in the winter ... it's much cooler then). What a great kid and a great family that Dr.s and nurses are coming by to check on their own time!! I pray that MikeyD was sweating out bad stuff and that he'll show vast improvement today!!
    With much love, prayers and healing energy,
    Barbara, Bob, Bobby and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete
  3. We pray for Mikey D and your family all the time, so do our friends and family - those that don't know you send all the positive thoughts , energy and prayers your way. You are missed Mikey! You are so strong and such a fighter, we pray for your recovery and your smile every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all so unfair--I am so sorry that this is happening and I ache for how helpless you and your family feel when faced with this--there just has to be a happy ending to all of this soon, so that you can all come home, and I pray that God make grant you peace and that He may shower you with his kindness and end this awful time for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please Lord help Mikey..You said Be Not Afraid..You said You would be with us always..Please Lord we need a miracle..please send forth your Spirit..Heal Mikey...Lift the pain from Mikey..take the pain away..take the fear away..Courage is fear that has said its prayers..we prayed..we are praying...we will keep calling out to you Lord..we will keep knocking on the door..we will not stop praying...we will not stop crying out to YOU Please Lord we know you are here..Please let Mikey speak Give him his voice and his words..Please Lord..Send forth your Healing Spirit and Heal Mikey..We need you NOW Lord..We need you NOW..We know all things are in YOUR time..but Lord we need you NOW at this time here and now..Please Lord Grant us this MIRACLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike,Maire,
    We are so sorry this happened to Mikey D yesterday and so GRATEFUL that the Lord has compelled the Nurse and Cardiologist to visit and make things happen for Mikey. I pray that the Lord continue to guide you and your family, the doctors and nurses, and for complete healing for Mikey D.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike, Moya our heart breaks for you and your entire family, We all love and adore Mikey D. He has prayers from all over the world. I cannot imagine how you are feeling, I know I cry everyday. We continue our prayer vigil and await his return home. Dear Lord hear our prayers.


    A Prayer to St. Jude

    Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of.

    Pray for Mikey D, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.

    Come to Mikey D assistance in this great need that he may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all his necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly help heal his body, mind and stop his pain and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.

    I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

    Amen.


    ReplyDelete
  8. That is heartbreaking. I hope they can ease his pain today. Praying so hard for you all. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Eloise in Brazl

    We go to bed praying for you, we wake up praying for you, all of you. Our family, extended family friends and colleagues now have the beautiful Doherty family in their prayers as well. Mikeys picture is hanging on our kitchen cabinet and every time we look his way we send the strongest positive energy...

    ReplyDelete