Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Night


we got notice from the doctors tonight that the surgery will not be done tomorrow,
One step forward and two steps back.
Julia and Ciara came down tonight to be here with their brother Mighty Mike after the surgery tomorrow as well because they are off school. The doctors think it will now be better to wait due to the blood clots and not being able to use blood thinners. we do not have a date yet for when they will be doing the surgery  it will be at least a week. As soon as we do know we will let everyone know. MikeyD was in pain this weekend and tonight and since he cannot speak and tell us where the pain is just makes it harder for everyone at first the doctors thought that it was from starting the IV nutrition and causing pain in the stomach. it looks like right now the pain is coming from the blood clots in his left arm. I only wish he could speak so we at least would know where the pain is coming from. I think Regina was right he does not like the flavor of the Ice Pop he told the speech therapist today that he did not want the Ice Pop by nodding no. I thought we were on to something good. The day for us was in preparation for his surgery tomorrow that is not going to be I wish it was so we can all move on to the next step.

I want to share this prayer with all of you maybe if we say it together in force it will help bring quicker healing just change my child is Ill to MikeyD or Mighty Mike (we may have to change his name)

Prayer to Saint Anne for a Sick Child

Saint Anne I cry out to you in my distress. My Child is ill!

I thought I had everything under control, but now this unexpected illness has suddenly happened.

In faith ,in the midst of my despair and misery, I come to you and I beg you to ease my worry and anxiety. Obtain for me from your grandson Jesus the healing of my child.

Worry eats away at my heart and anxiety chases any chance for rest. I pray I say my rosary I contemplate your image. My prayer is weak but I know your heart is full of tenderness and you understand my distraction.

Saint Anne I beg of you to stand vigil over my child . Heal my child  soothe my child, console my child and bless my child keep each of us under your protection and guide us to our good Jesus our God Jesus he will understand me as he understood the centurion whose child was suffering painfully he will know how to help I will rest in his Mercy Amen.

Please keep praying and posting

13 comments:

  1. Saint Anne Please intercede for us...Please let MikeyD be able to speak...Please restore MikeyD to perfect health..Our beautiful Child of God MikeyD is just a young boy, he needs to get back to Middletown where he touches the lives of so many of us..please, we want to hear him laugh and sing and yell to pass the ball to him....Saint Anne Please intercede for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Doherty Family, we admire your strength and faith. Cannot imagine how hard this is for you, your wonderful posts are painful for us to read. But continue to know that all of Middletown is concerned for you and sending well wishes; soon every person in Middletown will be wearing a Mighty Mike bracelet! Jean Marie told the Travel Basketball team last night that "Mikey seemed more Mikey" to her on Tuesday, and that the move out of ICU was great news. Looking forward to more good news today. From The Benigno Family, especially Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,Maire,
    We pray for the peace that surpasses all understanding for you, Maire, Julia, Ciara. I pray in Jesus' name for the complete healing of Mikey D. I pray that wisdom and discernment continute to guide the doctors and nurses. I pray that you and Maire have clarity of mind through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Blessings to you all.
    Jim and Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pray for Mike every night and think of him at every practice and game. We will say this beautiful prayer. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mikey D is also in our prayers, We pray constantly for god to hear our prayers and bring him back to us. With sit and watch the yard and cry. Where are the children we will all rejoice when everybody is back home. Lord here our prayers. Will add the beautiful prayer above to my prayers for Mikey, We also pray for god to give you, Moya, Julia and Ciera the strenght to carry on. God Bless you and the family. All our Love and Prayers are coming your way always.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will pray that prayer to Saint Ann and attend the healing mass. When we get our bracelets every time we look down or touch it we will be reminded to pray for Mikey throughout the day. That was a great idea, what great kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is Cindy...I'm coach Rubin's wife. There isn't a day that I don't intercede for Mikey. I know a name that is above all names and His name is Jesus! He died on the cross so that we may have life and life in abundance. I know that I know that Mikey will give glory to God for the restoration of his life! don't give up...Faith is what we need to move mountains...the bible says if we should have faith as big as a mustard seed we can say to this mountain MOVE and in the name of Jesus it will move! I'm believing God for a full restoration of Mikey's health! I stand in the gap for him! God Bless your family...I pray for your family as well...for peace, faith and endurance!!! The Rodriguez's

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will keep praying for Mikey and all of you. This is a beautiful prayer and I will have my whole family say it every night for Mikey until he is home with his family once again. Mikey needs for his family to stay strong for him so he can concentrate on getting better. God bless you and Mikey.

    Love to you and positive thoughts are always sent your way,

    The Tucci Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Doherty Family, The sports world is praying for Mikey as well---in case you did not see,Fran Frachilla of ESPN tweeted out the following : "Keep Middletown, NJ's Mikey Doherty in your prayers. 12-year old hoopster collapsed on court last week. Recovering at Philly Children's Hosp". Fran Fraschilla is an ESPN College Basketball Analyst and former coach at Manhattan, Saint John's and New Mexico. NOt sure how he knew, but someone sent this back around to me. Thought it was great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love the bracelets and are wearing them proud!!! and thinking of Mikey constantly.

    The Lippert's

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michael continues to be in our thoughts and prayers. We miss him at Bayshore and can't wait for him to return.

    Robyn Roditis and Family
    Bayshore

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read about your son on Joan McAnuff's FB page, and wanted to offer my condolences. I lost my husband to a heart attack at 38, and my world changed. When we had hope, I was told Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago is the best for brain injury, but the Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in NJ might be the best bet. They have some great motivators for sick people, including a therapy program with Wiis and animals. Staying motivated and cognitive therapy are the two big things. I know someone who had a horrific brain injury, and while he didn't have the best rehab or doctors, he has made amazing recoveries in the last 7 years. His wife would challenge him, and it really pushed him to work. Best of luck to your beautiful son.

    ReplyDelete