Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Night



I am really sorry about the misunderstanding from my  post on Thursday night. I wish I could take the post back I was going to edit it the point I was trying to make was that Mighty MikeyD is fighting hard to come back to us he is listening to everything around him and trying to understand it all. Even though he does not know right now that February come after January he is asking questions and trying to make sense of things. The other night when his sister Julia was putting him to bed he asked her Julia why did all  this happen to me?  I use to be able to do everything and now I am handicapped. I felt bad for him and Julia because none of us have an answer for his questions. I can tell one thing that signed football from Eli Manning has made his weekend and more all he is talking about is that football. Everyone  has come to see him this weekend got to see the ball and everyone who called him has heard about the ball. Tonight when I was tucking him into bed I asked him how does it feel to be in your own bed ? he said Dad it feels great and is much more comfortable than those hospital beds. I said yes it is and  you have all your things right here he said yes and I have my signed Eli Manning ball with me he keeps it on the night table right next to his bed, he said it is awesome isn't it ? truly amazing how a signed football from Eli Manning could make this little boys so proud and happy after all he has been through it has kind of made him  forget about all the problems he is fighting to overcome. When you see the smile on his face from this gift it makes us so happy. Thank you guys again for this special gift. MikeyD has a Birthday coming up on January 15th and Moya,Myself Julia and Ciara are wondering what we can get him for his Birthday that can make him half as happy as the signed Eli Manning football. Maybe a dog as we promised ?
Amy Ideas just let us know.
Keep the faith !
We be believe in miracles.
We have witnessed a miracle together all of us here with MikeyD.
please keep praying and posting.
please pray for Bryce and his family.

7 comments:

  1. by Lori Murray
    Sending many prayers and much love to all of you....and I vote for the dog for Mikey's birthday! Maybe even a rescue dog? Young, but already trained...Imagine the best friends they would be;) xoxo
    Lori and Coach Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. by Pauline Hynes
    Hi Mike
    I didn't think there was anything wrong at all with the post on Thursday night. It's great to get the updates you guys feel are important to share with the rest of us.
    It must be so frustrating for MikeyD. I can imagine it's like seeing things through a fog and knowing something is there but not quite sure what it is. You guys are doing an amazing job with him though so keep the faith in yourselves as well.
    This is a big birthday for sure. I will put some thought into it and make some suggestions!
    I will also say a prayer for Bryce and his family. Thinking of you all, love Mike, Pauline, Michael and Ethan xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all understood the point of your post..how Mikey was aware and listening to his surroundings when that phone call came in and how his beautiful big heart felt bad about the cost..We just all want to jump in and help in any way we can so we all jumped on it..sorry if that made you feel uncomfortable..but we LOVE the Doherty family and we want to help in any way we can and we just saw that as WOW THERE is something i can do..sorry..We are here and standing Watch (The Navy Mom in me) and we will do all we can do to help..

    The BIG 13...a teenager now..Yes a Therapy dog sounds like a great idea!! I also will try to think some more for good birthday gift ideas!!

    I am so happy for Mikey that he gets to sleep in the comfort of his own bed now..THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME..and we all know that..Thank You Lord for letting Mikey be able to be HOME! You are an Awesome God..Lord Please continue Your Healing..every moment of every day for our Mikey..You are our Hope, You are the Way..We will come to You in prayer and in thanksgiving for our Mighty MikeyD Miracle! Thank You Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a picture of Mikey on the 3 point line???? HOLY MOLEY!!! That brings tears to my eyes...I don't know about the dog just yet, I think its a great idea but are you and the family ready for that yet??? How bout tickets to a basketball game???? Front row sounds good doesn't it Mikey??? You could ask for the moon and dad would try to get it for you!! Its just wonderful to be able to celebrate another birthday...your family has been blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's important to celebrate MikeyD's birthday in a big way this year. I know it will be bittersweet, but it is just such an incredible blessing to have MikeyD still here with us!! Your journey has not been anything that anyone on Earth could have predicted, but it is a journey that has inspired and touched so very many people. Keep up the fight Mighty MikeyD -- your job as a 13 year old is to keep those parents on their toes! (although I'm sure they are seasoned veterans with your sisters having already 'broken them in'! LOL My hubby is the youngest of 3 and his older sisters both tell me about how their Mom use to make him milkshakes instead of punishing him ... go figure!)
    A nice, calm therapy dog sounds very comforting (but an average puppy will be a LOT of work). I bet the Cognitive Therapists could come up with some fun electronic toy that could serve both as an entertainment device and a tool for re-learning lots of stuff. Just a thought. iPads seem to be a lot of fun!
    I missed all the responses to your last post (I'll have to go check them), but insurance was created to pool $ and pool risk -- so if your community wants to pool a little $$ for you ... well, think of us as your SUPPLEMENTAL insurance (do you hear the Aflac duck saying "Aflac"?)
    We'll keep praying and sending love and positive energy!
    LOve, Barbara, Bob, Robert and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't been on the blog for a week or two, as our family was under the weather through the Christmas and New Year! It was so heart warming to catch up and see all the progress that MikeyD continues to make and of course hearing about the Eli Manning footbal. Does this mean MikeyD is starting to like the Giants?

    I wanted to let you know that we continue to pray for you at the Colantino home. I read a nice scripture today during my devotion, "For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

    Keeping looking to Jesus; "He is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

    Love, Megan Colantino

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know its hard, but keep in mind that it was only a few months ago, where Mikey could not even utter a word... and now it seems like every time you post, he gets more and more articulate : )

    I will never forget the time I took Will and Mikey to a Knicks game for Mikey's birthday a few years ago. They were so cute with their David Lee shirts on (and that was when the Knicks sucked). Boy did they have a great time... Soda, popcorn, soda, pretzels, soda, hotdogs, and more soda. Then we hit Dave and Busters in Time Square and Mikey wanted chicken wings. Those boys shook me down for so much money in that place, my head was spinnin. It was worse than a Chuck E. Cheese experience. Well worth every penny though. They each walked out of there with a JAWBREAKER the size of a soft ball. Mikeys tongue was purple : ) What a great day we had. It's even more special now that I look back on it. Keepin the faith as always...

    Uncle Ken

    ReplyDelete