Friday, May 3, 2013

Thursday Night *






We had our first wiffleball tournament and it was a great time for all. A lot of kids showed up with their parents when I said we will choose sides someone said let's play the parents against the kids. that was a bad idea the kids crushed us. MikeyD was on the mound for the kids team and he had no mercy for anyone not even his Prayer warrior Peggy Dunne when he pitched to her there was no mercy and when she ran the bases he tagged her out. I do not think he really knows how much she did for him. We are planning on having more games this was really great for the MikeyD we had snacks for everyone then Moya ordered Pizza for all of us we came in and had Pizza and the first one that said lets go play when we were done was MikeyD it is truly amazing the energy and spirit he has after all the pain and suffering he has just been through. After being in a coma and then being paralyzed and laying around in a hospital bed for months from there he went to going around in a wheelchair and now he was the first one up and throwing the ball again. He is for sure the Middletown Miracle. This Tuesday April 30th was Moya’s birthday MikeyD said do not worry Mom I think you look good for your age we all started laughing he was so sincere. Tonight when he came home from the Children’s Hospital he said mom where is my backpack ? She said I don’t know where did you leave it. He went and got his backpack and pulled out a present he said Mom this is a present from me that I made at the hospital for you for your birthday and mother’s day. It was wrapped very nice Moya said MikeyD did you wrap this for me ? he said no mom I could never wrap  like this Miss Carol wrapped it for me but I did help make it. I hope you like it. He made her a pot holder he then said Mom I hope it is not too small. Moya said MikeyD nothing you could ever give  me could be too small. He was so happy to give his mom this gift I wish you could of seen the smile on his face. MikeyD has started playing the lottery he picked some numbers and every week Uncle Larry brings him his tickets. He told me the other day Dad if I win the lottery the first thing I am going to do is pay off all my medical bills, the second thing I am going to do is donate a lot of money to CHOP and the Children’s hospital and then I am going to buy a big yacht for all my friends. After I heard that I said he is coming back to us. We need to bring him back to us from the Children’s Hospital in Mountainside to Middletown as soon as we can. I can’t imagine how he feels every day being away from all his friends in Bayshore. The doctor at CHOP who said the best thing for MikeyD right now is familiarity was right. I see it every time one of his old friends show up to visit him. If you can come visit MikeyD please do I know a lot of us are busy but it really does help him. I am not sure how much longer I will keep posting for MikeyD  I do not want to bore anyone now that he is getting better. No one knows how much further he will come back or if he will get any better. I do not want his old friends to forget him and hope that they come see him. Maybe we can get another wiffle ball game put together real soon. I would like to thank all of you for your prayers and support. I ask all of you to please keep in touch and come see the Middletown Miracle when you can.

"Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." 
We believe in Miracles !!!
Please keep praying and posting for MikeyD !

11 comments:

  1. by debbie quilleon
    What a great post! So glad he had a great time at the game!! We think and pray for you everyday. Blake and Brody ask everytime when we go to down to Country Knolls if Mickey D is there. He is a true miracle. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by Lori Murray
    This story will never get boring! I have never met this little boy and I am so happy when I see the posts come up in my e mails..keep on posting:)....
    I can't wait to tell coach Brian how well the Middletown miracle is doing...he will be so happy:)...
    Love to all of you...
    Lori and coach Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. by Ann Osborne
    Miracles do happen!! MikeyD, your entire family and all his care givers are being prayed for every day. I was just asked for an update by my friend at St. Rose of Lima. Her prayer group will continue to pray for MikeyD. God Bless you all!
    The Osborne Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has proven there are miracles; Mikey D is definitely one of them. We continue to prayer for the entire Doherty Family whom without them and God Mighty Mikey D would not have made all the progress he has. I believe with all my heart he will continue to improve, seeing him outside playing brings such joy to my heart. To see him out with his friends playing ball and Ciara who watches over Mikey D is so heartwarming. Mike keep posting even once a month everyone wants to know how Mikey D is doing. People continue to ask about Mikey, When you do post people are over joyed for the updates. God Bless to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doherty Family. We have never met. I read about Mikey D in the newspaper and I heard prayers being asked for him in our church. (He is still on our congregation prayer list, Westminster Presbyterian in Middletown) I have been reading your blog since you started it. His story and miraculous recovery, and your blogging it, is incredible. I look forward to your posts about the recovery Mikey is making. I assure you, I am not the slightest bit bored. You have touched many lives. Lives you don't even know exist, but who you reach through your blog about Mikey. It feels good to read about him doing so well, he is defying all odds, and is living proof of a higher power. MikeyD's story is inspirational.
    Wishing you all well on the journey you are on.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved being struck out by Our Miracle Mighty MikeyD and I loved it when he caught the pop fly I hit!! Our God is an Awesome God!!! We are getting our yard ready for another MikeyD wiffleball game...our MikeyD mowed the lawn last night and we are having my brother Mike put out the chairs for the deck and we will let all of you know to come to play!! It was such great FUN!!! Happy Birthday to Moya!!! And I agree, You DO look great for your age!! haha! There is no greater gift than LOVE..and MikeyD making that pot holder for you with LOVE is soooo awesome.. We loved hanging out at your house..we felt so welcome..and when MikeyD and MikeyD and Matt were playing video games in MikeyDs room I felt like all was well with the world..MikeyD was home in his room..looking for his remote control for his video game...He has come a long way from the first hug..the first words..Please God continue to Heal MikeyD..Tonight we are having our First Friday Healing Mass here at Mary Mother of God at 7:30pm..and I will stand in for MikeyD and I will be prayed over for MikeyD..and I will ask for JESUS to continue to HEAL MIKEYD..JESUS HEALS..He is The Way.We will see you guys soon for our wiffleball game in our backyard this time!!!! And tell MikeyD that I am due for a Homerun!!!! Mike, keep posting..this will never get boring..we are all here praying with you...we all want to keep praying for continued healing and we all want to PRAISE GOD and Thank God for the Miracle of Mighty MikeyD here in Middletown New Jersey!!! All Thanksgiving to God..Lord we Praise You and we Thank You for Healing our Mighty MikeyD and we thank You for the Miracle that you allowed all of us here to see...We continue to lift up MikeyD to YOU and we Pray that YOU will continue to Heal MikeyD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tonight I was lucky enough to actually witness the miracle of Mikey D!!! We heard he was at St Catherines so Chris and I went flying over to see him.......UNBELIEVABLE , TRUELY A LIVING MIRACLE....I felt blessed to be a witness of the true power of God...the last time we saw Mikey he was laying on the ground lifeless. Tonight he was standing on the sidelines of his sisters game helping his dad coach!! 8 months later he is standing next to his dad helping coach????? who could even imagine that 8 months ago??? and then to connect me as Chris mom???? Mikey you are a true insperation to me.....and all of Middletown... I would like to THANK YOU for restoring my FAITH... please keep posting we need to hear the good news....

    ReplyDelete
  8. by Pauline Hynes
    Keep posting Mike... the stories are always positive and I truly believe the positive energy gets turned back around for you all. And in some of the rough times it might help you guys get a lift.
    I do believe that boy will win the lottery and all. Make sure Uncle Larry doesn't miss a week. I wouldn't like to be the one explaining that to MikeyD! Love Mike, Pauline, Michael and Ethan xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mikey is an amazing young man...We will all continue to pray here for a complete recovery and MikeyD will do his best and God will do the rest!!!! We Love You MikeyD....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bob and Bobby had a great time at the whiffle ball game! Thank you and your wonderful neighbors for arranging it! Prayers and love and tons of healing energy are sent MikeyD's way every day. I look at my bracelet all the time and think about all the MIRACLES that have occurred. This blog is a wonderful way to share the good news and all the inspirational events and people involved in MikeyD's recovery. I hope you keep finding time to post!
    I hope I can make the next whiffle ball game ... sounds like I better start practicing!
    Happy (belated) birthday Moya!!
    With love and prayers,
    Barbara, Bob, Bobby and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete
  11. by Diane Hansen
    Hi Mike,
    I send a copy of your blog to 19 people including two of my ministers who follow it and who continue to pray for amazing MikeyD. As I previously mentioned, Rodger & Betty’s church on the Big Island, Hawaii, also continue to pray for MikeyD & he is on our church pray wall at The Presbyterian Church in Westfield. I often talk about MikeyD at church groups that I’m part of & they pray for him too. He and your entire family are a source of inspiration for all of us. Your faith touches all of us & God’s miracles with MikeyD put us in awe. We are never bored with your blog and hope that you will continue to do it. It’s a joy to read about MikeyD just as it was heart wrenching to read in the beginning of this event.
    One of my friends sent me this email after reading the latest blog Hi there, Diane, It is really moving to read about his experiences. Thanks for sending. Best, Chris
    Our prayers for MikeyD, his care givers & your family are never ceasing. With lots of love & hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete