Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Night





Mighty MikeyD is by far one of the most determined Little boys I have ever met in my life, in fact he  maybe one of the most determined people I have ever met. Next to my brother Seamus he is the only other person I meet that was this determined. I would put them both together head to head. I look up to and admire both of them. They never complain they never ask for help. They never say I can't it is not part of their vocabulary. yesterday MikeyD went sleigh riding at 6:30 in the morning with his sisters and Mike Sullivan.
MikeyD stayed outside most of the day, MikeyD was sleigh riding from 6:30 in the morning until 6:30 at night. When MikeyD  went out in the snow he took off his leg braces that help him walk because they would not fit in his snow boots. When he looked down the hill in the back of Sullivan's house and he was trying to figure out how he could get down on the sled I asked him do you want me to help you ? He said no Dad I am going to do this on my own, When he got to the bottom of the hill I asked him again if he wanted help getting back up the hill he said no Dad I can do it on my own. Donna Sullivan made us all breakfast when we went in the house and he was eating his pancakes I said MikeyD how are your pancakes he said they are wonderful. Donna made all the kids hot chocolate as well. I said MikeyD how is your hot chocolate he said it is delightful. Not only does he fight the fight everyday but he appreciates every little thing. Julia,Ciara and Mike Sully could go up and down the hill sleigh riding twice for every one time that MikeyD could but he smiled the whole way and went up and down all on his own at his own pace. Late that afternoon my brother Seamus came over with his son Seamus and they all went sleigh riding up and down that hill like it was nothing. The little boy who left us and came back ,who the neurologist said he would never do this or that again and the big boy who bled out in the street and the doctors said he would never do this or that again were sleigh riding up and down the hill like they never heard what others were saying they could or could not do. It is like I said before these two guys are my heroes.
Then tonight when I was going to post and I checked the blog I could not believe the post below from Peggy Dunne it was almost like she already knew what had happened. Hoping Mikey is enjoying the snow!! Praying that Mikey has a great week filled with lots of moments of healing and restoring his mind and body and spirit!! The journey is long and the work is hard and this Prayer Warrior kneels before God and asks that MikeyD will soon be playing with his friends and pitching and throwing 3 pointers..Lord Please Heal our MikeyD and give him JOY in his heart that will help him along the journey and outweigh the suffering or the hard work needed..Mikey has shown how much he can overcome..he is so strong and so determined..he is amazing..our Hero..our inspiration..as is his family..Lord carry them when it gets rough..and keep us all praying with our eyes fixed on YOU Jesus..YOU are the WAY..
We Believe in Miracles !!!
Please keep praying and Posting.

11 comments:

  1. Peggy is a tireless warrior for Christ. Count her as one of the handful of people in life a person can really count on. Many times during this ordeal I have read her prayers and admired her faith.
    The Lord is the one for all of us to worship. He has given MikeyD his determination and will. We are all blessed enough to watch a miracle in action. The Apostles had this benefit, but even they sometimes lost their way. Let's all thank the God who gave us the blessing of MikeyD's recovery and enjoy every minute of it like there is a foot of snow outside every day.
    God Bless,
    Jim Cindy Evelyn & CJ
    The Rooneys

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this blog tears of joy roll down my cheeks!!! Probably the best rehab Mikeys had thus far!! Thank you Lord for your blessings on the Dougherty family, I pray they will continue until Mikey is fully recovered.I agree, Peggy Dunns blogs are inspirational. Keeping the faith and believing in miracles....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! Thank You Sweet Jesus!! Our Miracle having FUN in the snow!!!! Our God is an Awesome God!! God's hand is in this and MikeyD is more than cooperating..doing Gods work here on earth. Mikey has the hardest job of all, yet at the young age of 13, he is on overtime..Big time..Doing what he needs to do..with the determination I have never ever seen..Yes, I have heard of Seamus, Mikeys uncle..so it is in your blood...MikeyD You are doing an amazing job..working with Our God in this Healing..this Miracle..God cannot do it without YOU..We all get to see the Power of God..the Power of Prayer..through YOU MIKEYD...Thank YOU MIKEYD ..Thank you JESUS .. I see those 3 pointers on an NBA court!! MikeyD this is only the beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. by Jim Lynn
    Great news, Mike, and the pictures are fantastic. I am so happy for you guys.
    Keep up the hard work, Mikey! It is paying off.
    The Lynns

    ReplyDelete
  5. by Linda Verange
    Great News! Keep on looking forward, prayers will get you far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. by Wayne Jackson
    I am so happy for him, and for you. His determination comes from within but also from you.
    Our family continues to pray and offer our support should you ever need anything.
    Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  7. by Ann Osborne
    May God continue to bless you. Prayers continue every day for MikeyD and the entire family. You are an inspiration to us all!!
    The Osborne Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. We continue to pray and send positive energy to Mighty MikeyD. All your hard work and determination are showing! And I must tell you, MikeyD - the Miracle in Sneakers, Seamus and Peggy Dunne have provided tons of inspiration for me and my family! I thank the Lord all the time for the many blessings that this Blog and all the positive messages have given to me! Keep that great attitude MikeyD - you're going to continue to get back your strength and the sledding will be that much more fun next winter!!
    Barbara, Bob, Robert and Allie Cassin

    ReplyDelete
  9. We saw MikeyD outside with his sister today. We stopped for a moment and when he saw our dog he mentioned to us that he had a new puppy. It was so good to see him. We are so thankful that he has come such a long way. We are so encouraged that with your strength & faith & support he will continue to improve day after day!
    - Phil and Danielle Dellin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw MikeyD in St Marys Church yesterday getting his Ashes..I ran over to him and hugged him..and hugged him and hugged him again..I was so happy to see him out walking and talking..with his Mom and his sisters..I Thank Our Awesome God for giving us back MikeyD..Mikey I hope I didnt hug you too hard or too many times..but I was just so excited to see you..I was just at Paneras an hour before that and I said to My MikeyD Maybe MikeyD will be here..he likes Paneras..and an hour later..I see MikeyD in Church..Thank You Lord Jesus..for giving me a MikeyD hug today!!!! I love You Lord Jesus!! I Praise Your Holy Name and I REJOICED when I saw Your Miracle walking in Your House yesterday!! Our God is an Awesome God!!! Moya Ciara and Julia I am sorry if I didnt hug you guys..Thank You again Lord for letting my hug MikeyD!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mike (the Dad)...You're making me cry at my computer...stop that! MikeyD (the son) What a wonderful day with great pictures to document it. Keep up the hard and good work.

    ReplyDelete